Sunday, January 4, 2015

Always Be Kind


The doctor entered the hospital hurriedly, after being called in for emergency surgery. He changed his clothes quickly and went directly to the surgerical floor.

He found the boy’s father pacing in the hall waiting for him.

Upon seeing him, the father cried out, “What took you so long? Don’t you know that my son’s life is in danger? Don’t you have any sense of responsibility?”

The doctor smiled and said, “I'm sorry, but I wasn’t at the hospital when I received the call. I came as fast as I could and now I wish you’d please calm down, so that I can go to work.”

“Calm down?!" The father exclaimed. "What if it was your son who was in that room right now on the verge of death, would you calm down??”he angrily asked.

The doctor smiled again wearily and replied, “I would say to you what Job said, “From dust we came and to dust we return, blessed be the name of God.” I will do my best for your son, but only by God’s grace.”

“Giving advice, when it's not your loved one involved, is so easy,” murmured the father, as the doctor rushed into surgery.

The surgery took some hours after which the doctor came out smiling, “I'm pleased to report that the surgery was a success and your son is in stable condition.” Without waiting for the father’s reply, he then hurried off, calling out as he left, “If you have any questions, please ask the nurse!!”

“Why is he so arrogant? He couldn’t wait a few minutes so that I could ask about my son’s state?” Commented the father, upon seeing the nurse moments later.

“His son was killed in a car accident and he was at the funeral when the call for your son came through. He was running so that he could go finish burying his own son,” the nurse replied.

Remember, everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about... Be kind. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment