Friday, January 23, 2015
Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Cookies
These are some of my very favorite cookies and they are so easy to make!
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup chocolate chips
⅓ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp.rRed food coloring
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Using a hand blender, mix the butter and brown and white sugar into a fluffy, creamy mixture.
3. Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and keep blending until you have a uniform and smooth mixture.
4. Add the food coloring and blend again. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and whisk the mixture to obtain a dough.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips gradually while whisking it.
6. Refrigerate the dough for an hour.
7. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
8. Roll the cookie dough into balls and then flatten each one using your palms.
9. Place them on the cookie sheet with a 1-inch gap between cookies.
10. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until done.