Friday, January 23, 2015

My Grandmother's Sick


Before her date arrived, Lisa called her friend, “Hi Jennifer, listen I only have a minute. I’m about to get picked up for a blind date, can you call me in a half hour just in case it’s going bad? Yes? Okay, great! Thank you.”

Lisa gave herself a quick spritz of perfume, checked herself out one more time in the mirror, and headed outside to wait for her date.

Sure enough, after twenty minutes, Lisa was discreetly checking her watch.

After ten more long minutes, her phone finally buzzed. Lisa answered it and listened for a few seconds. Then she grimly pursed her lips and turned to her date, “I feel terrible, but my Grandmother is terribly sick, and I need to go home now.”

“No problem!” Said her date with a grin and a wink, “In a few more minutes my dog was about to get run over!”

No comments:

Post a Comment