Friday, January 23, 2015

The Prayer


A young man goes into a drug store to buy condoms.

The pharmacist says the condoms come in packs of 3, 9, or 12 and asks which one the young man wants.

"Well," he said, "I've been seeing this girl for a while and she's really hot. I need the condoms because I think that tonight's "the" night. We're having dinner with her parents, and then afterward, we're going to the movies. And I've got a feeling I'm gonna get "lucky" after that."

He leans in and winks at the pharmacist and says, "Once she's had me, she'll want it all the time, so you'd better give me the 12 pack."

The young man makes his purchase and leaves.

Later that evening, he sits down to dinner with his girlfriend and her parents. He asks if he might give the blessing and they agree. He gives the prayer, but then continues quietly praying to himself for several minutes.

The girl leans over to him and says, "You never told me that you were such a religious person."

The boy leans over to her and whispers, "You never told me that your father is a pharmacist."

No comments:

Post a Comment