Friday, January 30, 2015

The Lawn Mower


Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is usually the husband.

When our lawn mower broke and no longer worked, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. Somehow I always had something else to take care of first; the motorcycle, the car, e-mail, fishing... always something more important to me.

Finally, she thought of a clever way to make her point.

When I arrived home one day, I found her lying in the tall grass, busily snipping away at each blade of grass with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a few minutes. When I came out again I handed her a toothbrush. "When you finish cutting the grass," I said, "you might as well sweep the driveway!"

The doctors say I may eventually walk again, but I will always have a limp.

No comments:

Post a Comment