Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Chocolate... Oreos... and MORE chocolate... what could get better than this?!
1 package regular Oreo cookies (not Double Stuff) – about 36 cookies
6 tbsp butter, melted
1- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp milk
1- 12 oz tub whipped topping, divided
2 – 3.9 oz packages chocolate instant pudding.
3 1/4 cups milk
1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. I like to use my food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Continue to crush until the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs.
2. Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
3. Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
4. In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
5. Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.