Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Scrumptious Egg Muffins
I like breakfasts that require a little more effort than the opening of a box and the pouring of cereal into a bowl. I love the smell of bacon or sausage wafting through the house, rousing the entire family long enough that they come into the kitchen and eagerly ask “Whatcha cooking?"
1 dozen eggs, whisked
12 ounces good-quality bacon, cooked and chopped
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Dried basil and oregano
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 cup parmesan cheese
1. Whisk eggs, cook bacon, grate cheese together in a bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, stir together eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese.
4. Season with a pinch each of basil and oregano, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Ladle into lined muffin pan cups.
6. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until puffy and slightly browned on top.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes on a wire cooling rack.
9. Loosen paper cups with a butter knife and lift out of the muffin pan.
10. Serve immediately while still warm.