Monday, September 8, 2014
Potato Skin Poppers
One of the easiest quick-fix foods I've ever made and so very tasty, too!
3 cups diced potatoes
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1 dash salt & pepper to taste
14 8-inch flour tortillas
2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the potatoes in a skillet according to the package directions.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the cooked potatoes, cheddar cheese, 1 cup sour cream, bacon, green onions, and salt and pepper.
4. Warm the tortillas according to the package directions.
5. Spoon equal amounts of the mixture in the center of the 14 tortillas.
6. Fold in two sides of each tortilla to meet in the middle, and then roll burrito-style.
7. Brush the outside of each rolled tortilla with melted butter and place on baking pan with seam down.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Let cool for 5 minutes then cut diagonally into halves.
10. Serve with the remaining sour cream.