Tuesday, February 17, 2015
No-Bake Cookie Bars
I love any dessert you don't have to put a lot of effort into and it comes out great... these tasty cookies certainly fit that bill!
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Spray an 8″ square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Measure the peanut butter and oats and set aside so they’re ready when you need them.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa.
4. Bring to a boil and once it reaches a full rolling boil, cook for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until melted, then stir in the vanilla and lastly the oats.
6. Immediately pour mixture into prepared pan and put on a cooling rack to set until completely cool.
7. Once cool, cut into bars.
*To make this recipe into the regular round cookies, just drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto wax paper and let cool. You can store them in an airtight container several days at room temp or over a week in the fridge