Monday, February 16, 2015
This is an old family favorite that my grandmother used to make and the generations have loved!
1 Cup Flaked Coconut
1 Cup chopped Pecans
1 Box German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
½ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of one 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. Spread the coconut and pecans evenly on the bottom of pan.
3. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions and pour over pecans and coconut.
4. Mix cream cheese, butter or margarine, vanilla and confectioner’s sugar well and beat until smooth. Pour over cake mix.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or more. You can check to make sure the bottom part is cooked by using the toothpick test - stick a toothpick into the cake and if the toothpick does not have any gooey cake on it, then it is done.
6. Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top to the hot cake after you remove it from the oven
7. Cool and serve.