This is a healthy and nutritious delicious meal that the entire family will love!
1 lb Rigatoni Pasta
1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
2 Green Bell Peppers
1 large onion
4 springs of Thyme, stems removed
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 pkg Italian Style Chicken Sausage
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Chop bell peppers into pieces roughly the same size as the cherry tomatoes. Cut the onion into quarters.
3. In a medium bowl, place the cherry tomatoes, chopped peppers and onion. Add the olive oil and stir gently to coat all the vegetables. Place vegetables in a shallow baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add thyme leaves.
5. Roast vegetables for approx 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and begin to loose their juices.
6. When the vegetables are half done, prepare the pasta according to the package directions.
7. Remove the vegetables from the oven and set aside for a moment.
8. When the pasta is finished cooking, drain and toss with the roasted vegetables (including all their juices!)
9. While the pasta is still cooking, place the Chicken Sausage in a skillet with about 1/2 inch of water. Bring the water to a simmer and cook covered for approx 8 minutes, or until heated through.
10. When the sausage is done, allow to cool for a few minutes to let juices redistribute.
11. Slice the sausage at an angle and serve over the rigatoni and vegetable mix.
12. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese