Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Grilled Steaks with Peach Relish
I'm a steak lover who lives high on a dime and this is one of the cheapest and tastiest beef recipes around!
4 thin slices lean beef top round (4 oz each)
1/8 Tsp each Salt & Pepper
2 Tsp Olive or Canola Oil
2 Scallions, finely chopped
1 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Lb fresh Peaches
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
1 Tsp finely chopped fresh Ginger (or 1/4 Tsp ground)
1/8 Tsp hot Red Pepper Flakes
1. Trim fat from steaks. Place 2 steaks between sheets of wax paper and beat to tenderize. Season with salt & pepper.
2. Marinade Mix: Combine the oil with vinegar & scallions. Place meat on a shallow tray and spoon marinade over it.
3. Turn meat in the mix to coat it thoroughly. Marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour.
4. Peach Relish: Peel peaches and coarsely chop them. Place peaches in a bowl and combine with honey, lemon juice, ginger, & hot pepper flakes. Cover and allow to stand at least 30 minutes.
5. Heat a cast iron grill pan until a drop of water evaporates immediately. Grill steaks about 2 minutes per side. Serve with peach relish.