A classic fair favorite! They only seem difficult to make, but they are incredibly easy and, oh, so very yummy!
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour or coconut flour to make gluten free
2 Tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
Oil for frying, enough to cover the bottom of the skillet
Powdered sugar for topping
1. Mix egg and milk. Sift dry ingredients and gradually add to milk mixture, beat until smooth.
2. Preheat oil in fry pan to 375 degrees F.
3. Pour batter into hot oil with a funnel with a ½ “ or ¾” hole. Let batter drizzle into hot oil. Spiraling to create a circle.
4. Cook about 1 minute, flip over, cooking both sides. Remove and drain on paper towels.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with fruit preserves, as desired, while still warm.