These are the most decadently divine fudge brownies you will ever taste!
3 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, plus
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F; Lightly grease and 8-inch square pan with butter or vegetable oil.
2. Melt the 3 1/2 ounces of chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water; 3. Cool the mixture for 5 minutes
4. Place sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl and pour in the chocolate mixture; Using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix until blended, about 25 seconds; Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
5. Add the vanilla, and with the mixer on medium-low speed, add the eggs one at a time, blending after each addition until the yolk is broken and dispersed, about 10 seconds. Scrape the bowl after the last egg and blend until velvety, about 15 more seconds.
6. Add the flour on low speed and mix for 20 seconds and finish the mixing by hand, being certain to mix in any flour at the bottom of the bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup of the nuts.
7. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining nuts over the top.
8. Bake the brownies on the center oven rack until a thin crust forms on top and a tester inserted in the center comes out with a moist crumb, 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a rack to cool for 1 hour before cutting the brownies.
10. Serve the following day (it takes a day for the flavor to set) and don't forget to add tall glass of milk!