Friday, October 24, 2014

Condition Update



Anyone who has ever had a loved one in the hospital will enjoy this...

A woman called a local hospital, "Hello. Could you connect me to the person who gives information about patients? I'd like to find out if a patient is getting better, doing as expected or getting worse."

The voice on the other end said, "What is the patient's name and room number?"

"Elizabeth Smith in room 204."

"I'll connect you with the nursing station . . . ."

"Nursing Station. How may I help you?"

"I'd like to know the condition of Elizabeth Smith in room 204."

"Just a moment. Let me look at her records... I see that Mrs. Smith is doing very well. In fact, she's had two full meals, her blood pressure is fine, she is to be taken off the heart monitor in a couple of hours and, if she continues this improvement, Dr. Albright is going to send her home Wednesday at noon."

The woman exclaimed, "What a relief! Oh, that's fantastic! That's wonderful news!"

The nurse said, "From your enthusiasm, I take it you are a close family member or a very close friend!"

"Neither! I AM Elizabeth Smith in room 204 and nobody here tells me sh*t!

No comments:

Post a Comment