Tuesday, December 2, 2014
This Banana Bread recipe is the easiest I've ever found and the bread comes out perfect every time! This is the perfect bring-along for any party!
1 1/4 cup ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup apple sauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep a loaf pan by greasing it.
2. In a small bowl, use a fork to finely mash bananas (I used 3). Stir in lemon juice and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together. Stir in brown sugar.
4. In another bowl, use a whisk to combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, applesauce and vanilla extract.
5. Pour your liquid ingredients and mashed bananas into the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to stir just until combined.
6. Stir in walnuts or chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 1 hour, check center with toothpick. Bake additional if needed.