Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Real-Life Hero

When Charles Williams saw people frantically running out of the subway in New York City, he knew something was wrong. But rather than joining the others in running from what he later found out to be a knife-wielding woman who had already stabbed one passenger, Williams, a street cleaner, ran toward the chaos.

Williams, along with another Good Samaritan, got a hold of the attacker and held her down until police came. The woman who was stabbed, 39-year-old Heather Burke, was treated for her injuries and is now reportedly home safe and sound recovering.

“I just went off pulse to help,” Williams said. “I didn’t think at the time what could happen, I just wanted to save some lives. I just thought it could have been anyone in my family, anybody else’s family in New York City.”

No comments:

Post a Comment