This is a zesty little dish that's so easy to prepare and, best of all, the family never gets tired of it!
1 1/2 Tsp Olive or Canola Oil
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 Stalks Celery, finely chopped
8 Oz Lean Ground Beef
8 Oz Lean Ground Pork or Turkey
1/2 Cup Fresh Bread Crumbs
1 Egg White
1/4 Tsp Dried Oregano
1/4 Tsp Basil
1 (28 Oz) Can Crushed Tomatoes
2 Onions, finely chopped
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
1/8 Tsp Pepper
1.Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In small skillet, heat oil over morerate heat. Add garlic & celery and saute about 5 minutes, til osftened and lightly browned. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. In a bowl, mix the ground beef, ground pork (or turkey), bread crumbs, egg white, oregano, & basil. Still in celery mix until combined.
4. Roll mixture into apprx 26 meatballs, about 1 1/2" dia.
5. Spray a rack with cooking spray. Place meatballs on rack over a baking tray, and bake 10-15 minutes, r until well browned on all sides.
6. In a large skillet, combine tomatoes, onions, and tomato paste over moderate heat and bring to a boil. Cover & simmer about 12 minutes, until slightly thickened.
7. Add meatballs to skillet, cover, and cook apprz 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
8. Stir in parsley and season with pepper.
9. Serve over your favorite pasta or as a sandwich.